Friday, February 8, 2013

Poem Published!

My poem, "He Told Me" (dedicated to Langston Hughes) has been published in OVS Magazine's Winter issue.  You can check it out here.  

This is a great magazine and a wonderful group of people run it.  I am happy to be included and even more excited to read the other work in the issue.  

For every 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 rejection letters, there lies a publication that will appreciate your poetry for what it is - your best work.  Thank you, OVS, for recognizing a poem that I love more than many poems I have written, more than warm blankets in snowstorms, more than white wine and scallops, more than any of the terrible pieces I have written and scrapped. 

What a validating feeling, to see your work in print.  Celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment